« Home | SB day #1 - sad blog day » | Spring Break...Wooo Hooo! » | Grace... and nothing else » | pros and cons » | Studying for the Bar Exam » | christology 101 (or not) » | a little more musin' » | "musings" on the war » | Missing Ted... » | requiem for a post » 

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 

SB day #2 - please stop me, I'm having too much fun!

Within the last couple of hours the sun has decided to grace us with its presence. Big whoop, it's still cold. This is why people go to Cancun! Well, and I suppose for the illicit drinking and sex...but the weather certainly makes all that other stuff easier.

I should have clarified whe I made my spring break goals that the two books I hoped to finished had already been started awhile ago. I finished one yesterday. It was Stories of Emergence- a good book, but something occurred to me...most of the stories come from people who were in very evangelical or completely areligious backgrounds. I happen to know that mainline people are emerging as well. I would have liked more of their stories. The second book I'm reading- The Church Enslaved: ...something about racial reconciliation (by Tony Campolo and Michael Battle)- mentions that alot of the roots of today's modern religious racism is in the very evangelical churches that have been co-opted into very conservative ideologies while the mainline churches have traditionally been more left leaning. Is there a connection there? Are emergents just becoming liberal? That's probably too simplistic of an explanation. Especially since I do know of emergin mainliners and I guess I am one myself. Still, I'm learning more and more how social problems, especially those related to the church, are interconnected. It makes sense that those who would be exclusionary in social matters would also be exclusionary in theological matters.

I got a little hungry mid-blog. Apples are good with ranch dressing. But then again, what isn't?

I found out today that my incommunicato CPM liason recently dissolved his relationship with his church. Should I be worried about this guy?

I hope the fact that I am so stream of consciousness doesn't bother anyone who reads this (all three of you!). The fact of the matter is I'm not writing a paper and I don't need to be all that coherent here. I more or less just write what's on the top of my head until I get tired then I quit.

I'm tired...