« Home | rebel against intellectual arrogance... » | can I get a do-over? » | More than enough room? » | short book review » | here's a weird piece of info... » | SB day #3 - more rain... » | SB day #2 - please stop me, I'm having too much fun! » | SB day #1 - sad blog day » | Spring Break...Wooo Hooo! » | Grace... and nothing else » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

wine n'at

So today I got one of the coolest packages that one can receive in the mail. About a month or so ago Marnie and I went to wine country. We visited this place that did a wine tasting where they paired the wines with foods. The food was amazing and the wine was pretty good as well. It was also pretty cool because the family that owns the winery is originally from Pittsburgh.

Anyway, maybe it was the wine, but Marnie and I decided to join this family's wine club. Today w got six, count 'em, six bottles of wine through UPS! How awesome is that?! We'll get another six in the fall.

Tonight was a good night. I decided to take the evening off from the copious amounts of work I have to do so that I could crash on the couch with my amazing wife and veg in front of the tv. Two of my favorite shows come on Tuesday night. Don't judge me, but one of them is Gilmore Girls. Its a very well written show and Lauren Graham is hot. The other is Scrubs, one of the few shows that I can actually say I started watching before it became cool. There was a new show on called Teachers tonight. It blows. It wasn't funny at all. In fact we were pretty sure they stole a joke at the beginning of the show from Gilmore Girls, only Gilmore Girls did it better. On the upside, it did have Kenny (Bud) from the Cosby Show on it. That, of course, didn't make the show any better.

The rain has started up again. Someone should have told me how close we were to Seattle when I moved out here. This must be there doing. Doesn't matter, the Seahawks still lost.

I obviously have nothing else to talk about...

tomorrow i pull out the waterproof pants. i look like a fisherman and freak out the cat - double the fun.

we apparently have very different taste in tv. i went between house and the unit. then i watched the daily show and colbert report as per my obsessions.

i have nothing else interesting to say today. goodbye.

I love the daily show and the colbert report, I'm just usually in bed by the time they come on. If i watch them, it is usually the following afternoon. (we're a couple of old folks living in hunter 203)

I've heard House and the Unit are good shows. I don't commit to tv dramas until I can watch them on dvd. I don't like waiting a week to see what's gonna happen. Unfortunately, that strategy id driving me nuts with a new season of the Sopranos finally starting. Who knows when that will be on dvd, as slowly as they make those things...

so i'm the insomniac... i can't watch comedies on tv because they're so...not funny. it's so rare for me to enjoy the viewing experience. i do enjoy those dramas, though. most of them don't require having seen the one before. well, grey's anatomy does.

i refuse to buy dvd's. wine is all good. i understand your appreciation.

...and yet, you watch spongebob? Well, I gues you're right, we do have different taste in tv shows. That's okay. We still have Best Week Ever in common.

There are a handful of sitcoms I really like. I realize that most aren't doing anything utterly creative (except maybe Scrubs on occasion) but if they're well acted I appreciate them. I also like not being asked for too much from television.

Okay, back to paper writing...

i also really like miami ink but that's probably becasue i want to be a badass.

last week's sizzler sucked.

Post a Comment