« Home | being authentic... » | So why am I in seminary anyway? » | BJ's Podcast » | see, I read comments.... » | The Autobiography of Derrick L. Weston » | Guess whose back... » | Rate me! » | reflections, thoughts, ideas, but definitely not m... » | Half way points » | Could I BE more orthodox? » 

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 

alternative worship in the PGH

Man, why can't we Pittsburghers just be normal and do church as usual? Check this article out!

Have you checked out Mosiac in LA? They started as a nightclub church too. Erwin McManus is the pastor there, has some really interesting stuff out there.

I haven't yet, but I will. By the way, if you go to steelcitychurch.com, you will see a picture of a group of young, hip, diverse people sitting in a kind of last supper stance. The guy sitting in the center (the Jesus position) is my brother-in-law (Marnie's sister's husband) Walter. Hilarious! Walter's not really Mr. Church.

Pretty cool, though I got caught up in you calling people from Pittsburgh, "Pittsburgh'ers." Are those like Cheeseburgers?

Not sure I like "pastor-preneur" image, but they are cleary doing some meaningful ministry. We once looked into a bar for MBCC, but could not get beyond "The Pole" that would be in the middle of worship ;-)

Post a Comment