« Home | 1-1, and why I'm not blogging on ordination right now » | alternative worship in the PGH » | being authentic... » | So why am I in seminary anyway? » | BJ's Podcast » | see, I read comments.... » | The Autobiography of Derrick L. Weston » | Guess whose back... » | Rate me! » | reflections, thoughts, ideas, but definitely not m... » 

Thursday, September 21, 2006 

Does God want you to be rich?

This is a really good article on the "prosperity Gospel" that a friend of mine found in Time Magazine. I was raised in a prosperity Gospel church and this all rings pretty true. It is also interesting to see folks like Rick Warren giving a counterpoint to this theology.

Nice read. Good find. I think it's interesting that they focus the prosperity message only in terms money. I didn't see that as a distinction. I have always seen the prosperity message to mean "If you work hard enough with the help of God you can achieve it."

Post a Comment