« Home | wine n'at » | rebel against intellectual arrogance... » | can I get a do-over? » | More than enough room? » | short book review » | here's a weird piece of info... » | SB day #3 - more rain... » | SB day #2 - please stop me, I'm having too much fun! » | SB day #1 - sad blog day » | Spring Break...Wooo Hooo! » 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 

random randomness

I actually have alot to write about tonight, but I'm tired and I dn't want to. I have to get up early tomorrow and finish my stupid preaching paper (and my stupid preaching sermon).

I had a movie idea today. I won't share it just yet, but I was so happy! It's the first time in a long time that I've had an idea for a movie I'd like to make. I used to keep a little notebook full of film ideas. i don't know what happened to it.

I bought an amp for my bass today. I actually have a place to play the next couple of Sundays. That's fun for me. I guess now that I'm investing in this thing I need to start practicing.

I got cornered today after chapel by Phil Butin, the seminary's president and the reason I'm here and Charles Marks, the seminary's chaplain and the reason I've stayed. They don't want me to do an MA. They said it over and over and over again. Little did they know (before i told them) that I have come upon some good internship opportunities and probably won't be switching to the MA program. Still, being cornered like that makes me want to switch out of defiance.

Tonight's service went well. They're alot of work to put together and they're still not a style I necessarily like. Oh well, people are worshipping God, that's all I care about.

Oh, did anyone else see the article about the scientist who is trying to prove that Jesus walked on ice, not water? Hi-larious! Frankly, I want don't want to worship a guy who walks on ice. The only guys I can think of who spend alot of time on ice are hockey players and ice skaters and neither of those groups are worthy of adoration. At least not from me. On the otherhand, think of the evangelistic outreach possibilitie this story could open. "Mommy, let's go see Jesus on Ice!" (like History of the World Part One, only with Jesus instead of Hitler....I'm going to hell)

Well, goodnight everybody.

how many times has any body of water in the middle east ever frozen over? just curious.

Post a Comment