« Home | random randomness » | wine n'at » | rebel against intellectual arrogance... » | can I get a do-over? » | More than enough room? » | short book review » | here's a weird piece of info... » | SB day #3 - more rain... » | SB day #2 - please stop me, I'm having too much fun! » | SB day #1 - sad blog day » 

Thursday, April 06, 2006 

sacrament snacks

Yesterday we had left over bread from doing communion at the evening service. Marnie put it in a plastic bag and labelled it "body". I snacked on some of it this afternoon. Surreal.

After today, I feel like someone should be placing a championship belt around my waist. (I would settle for the intercontinental championship) It was a rough week with alot to do, but I feel like everything got done and got done well. I don't always feel like that so its nice when it happens. The sermons and papers are done for now so tomorrow night, I party. Some friends are going to this weird theatre in San Francisco. It better be fun. We're spending way too much on it.

I'm a little worried about one of my friends here. He seems to constantly wallow in self pity and lately it seems like he is getting more and more sensitive. It makes him hard to talk to. Tonight he kinda stormed out of the coffee shop after someone poked a little fun at him. Nothing mean spirited. I need to figure out how to be a better friend to him without enabling the self loathing. It's amazing how well I can do at the test that don't matter and totally screw up the ones that do.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up my belt. I stilled rocked most of the day!

hmm. i think we might need to drink a cup of coffee for stragegy purposes for i am also lost with who i think said individual is. ok, that was cryptic.

i love marnie. i should give her mom's recipe for communion bread pudding. ha.

congrats on accomplishments! (hopefully it's not getting annoying that i'm always and only posting)

ok, kat, now i'm curious about that recipe. bringing the sacrament home feels weird. does making pudding with it feel less weird?

i don't know if it makes it less weird since i kind of never thought it was weird in the first place. below is the recipe i found, though.

my brother's communion bread pudding (i have no idea why she blames her brother for this)
-Rev. Dianna Bell

12 c. Communion bread, 1-inch cubes
3 c. milk
2 to 3 lbs. canned fruit (pineapple, fruit cocktail, peaches), in lg chunks
2/3 c. raisins
1/4 c. (1 stick) salted butter
4 lg. eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt

Scald milk in heavy 4- to 5-quart saucepan. Remove from heat and cool 2 minutes, then add butter (to melt), canned fruit, raisins and bread cubes and mix thoroughly. In separate bowl, beat eggs and add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Mix thoroughly, then add to bread mixture and blend well. Pour mixture into large, deep (3-4 inch) baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool at room temperature. Serve warm or chilled.

my new claim to fame: the only blog in the country with communion bread pudding recipe on it!

coffee would be good...send me an email and let me know what times are good for you.

i am to make you feel special.

Post a Comment