« Home | Becoming the "L" word... » | the joys and the sorrows » | The search for community » | the sun came out!!! » | trying not to toot my own horn » | I'm going to Portland... » | The Greatest Place on Earth !!! » | palm sunday » | teatro zinzanni » | sacrament snacks » 

Friday, May 05, 2006 

Snakes on a Plane!!!!!


I can't believe this ridiculous looking movie is getting so much hype. It was originally titled something like "Pacific 121". Perhaps to keep it from being confused with more serious fare like "United 93", they changed the name to "Snakes on a Plane". The title was, allegedly, the selling point for Samuel L. Jackson. That makes me lose a little respect for him. Apparently after all the buzz started, the producers started doing additional shooting to make the film longer and to get an "R" rating. It is rumored that we will now be graced with the epic line from Mr. Jackson, "Get these muthafuckin' snakes off my muthafuckin' plane!"

Alas, poor cinema, I knew you well...