« Home | trying not to toot my own horn » | I'm going to Portland... » | The Greatest Place on Earth !!! » | palm sunday » | teatro zinzanni » | sacrament snacks » | random randomness » | wine n'at » | rebel against intellectual arrogance... » | can I get a do-over? » 

Thursday, April 13, 2006 

the sun came out!!!

It was so great to see the sun today! I missed it so. Seriously, I can't remember a longer stretch in my life of overcastedness. We got to show my in-laws San Anselmo and Sausalito on a gorgeous sunny day. It was fantastic!

Unfortunately, today wasn't all sunshine and lollipops. In fact, there were no lollipops. Plus I had to listen to my Gospels professor deny that there was ever a physical resurrection of Christ. That gets old. I know that plenty of scholars don't believe there was a physical resurrection, but this same professor also kind of insulted us if we do believe there was a physical resurrection. This particular professor is quickly losing favor with me; a fate worse than death. Even if I wanted to give intellectual assent to the idea of no resurrection, I would never preach it. I wouldn't dream of it! Should I? I can't even imagine intimating that there was no physical resurrection from a pulpit. And what if I do believe in the resurrection? Does that make me naive? Immature? Unscientific? Ignorant? Just in time for Easter...

I don't care, the sun came out today.